HAKO WOMEN'S COLLECTIVE: ACHIEVEMENTS
In its twelve years of existence, HWC has come a long way and achieved a huge amount. Some highlights:
- Human Rights Workshop training and awareness days and walkathons in Haku
- Women’s forums, health workshops and ‘Village to Village’ awareness programs
- Environment advocacy on climate change, biodiversity rescue for reef, sea, forest
- Water & food security, WASH programs with a focus on sanitation and the 2011 Cholera outbreak in Haku
- Court Users Workshops with Law & Justice partners to Haku schools, chiefs & communities
- Youth forums, skills training workshops and basic computer and finance training
- Personal Development courses & Family Life ‘Personality Integration’ courses
- Marriage Enrichment Courses including Family Life Marriage Seminars
- Sports activities, leading to the formation of Haku Sports Authority in 2009
- HIV Aids seminars, advocacy and outreach incl. Hospital and Prison Visitations
- 16 Days Activism annual programs including World Food Day, International Days for Children, Environment, Disability, Human Rights, World AIDS Day etc.
- Media Advocacy and Media Literacy courses to empower women and youth programs - with published Media Digi-stories and Melbourne Human Rights Film Festival award winning youth advocacy documentary.
- Designing and delivering Positive Parenting & End Violence Against Children campaigns.